How Can an Investor Visa Lawyer in San Antonio, Texas Help Me?
An investor visa law attorney such as J. Joseph Cohen in San Antonio, Texas can assist you with applying for an investor visa by helping you understand its requirements and by helping you file all the paperwork to qualify. There are many steps that investors must take before they can qualify for an investor green card. It is a complicated process. What are the steps for filing to receive an investor visa?
- Complete Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur.
- After the approval of the I-526, complete one of two additional forms when a visa is available: Form I-485 or DS-260. Form I-485 allows adjustment of status in the U.S. to become a conditional permanent resident. Approval of the Form DS-260 provides a visa while living abroad through consular processing to obtain conditional permanent residence on arrival in the U.S.
- Complete Form I-829. If all the conditions for the EB-5 program have been met, generally after two years, approval of the Form I-829 allows the conditions to be lifted and the permanent residence to be granted.
There are several requirements for the EB-5 program. The major requirements for the program are:
- a capital investment that is “at risk” into new commercial enterprise (NCE);
- in the minimum amount of $500,000 or $1M;
- with the creation of at least ten full-time permanent U.S. jobs;
- from lawfully obtained funds; and
- the investor maintaining a management role.
In order to prove these requirements, the investor will be required to gather significant documentation to support the claim. The investor will be required to submit documents such as tax returns, invoices, receipts, contracts, business licenses, and other statements to prove qualifications for the EB-5 visa. The investor may also be required to submit payroll records. If you have questions about whether you qualify for an EB-5, consider speaking to visa attorney J. Joseph Cohen in San Antonio, Texas today. He will be able to help you complete the process to receive your EB-5 investor visa.