EB-5 Investor Visa Lawyers in San Antonio, Texas
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services offer a special program for entrepreneurs, their spouses, and their unmarried children to apply for a green card on the basis of making a substantial investment in the U.S. The program is known as the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. In order to qualify, in general, the investor must place money in a project that will create at least 10 full-time positions within 2 years. The company must create jobs for qualified employees—that is, U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or others authorized to work in the U.S. The capital investment requirement is $1 million, but if you plan to invest in a targeted employment area, you may be able to qualify for an investor visa, as many do, with an investment of $500,000. If you are thinking of making a substantial investment in the U.S. and want to understand whether you will qualify for an investor or other visa, consider speaking to J. Joseph Cohen, an investor visa attorney in San Antonio today.
How Can an Investor Visa Lawyer in San Antonio, Texas Help Me?
An investor visa law attorney such as J. Joseph Cohen in San Antonio, Texas can assist you with applying for an investor visa by helping you understand its requirements and by helping you file all the paperwork to qualify. There are many steps that investors must take before they can qualify for an investor green card. It is a complicated process. What are the steps for filing to receive an investor visa?
- Complete Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur.
- After the approval of the I-526, complete one of two additional forms when a visa is available: Form I-485 or DS-260. Form I-485 allows adjustment of status in the U.S. to become a conditional permanent resident. Approval of the Form DS-260 provides a visa while living abroad through consular processing to obtain conditional permanent residence on arrival in the U.S.
- Complete Form I-829. If all the conditions for the EB-5 program have been met, generally after two years, approval of the Form I-829 allows the conditions to be lifted and the permanent residence to be granted.
There are several requirements for the EB-5 program. The major requirements for the program are:
- a capital investment that is “at risk” into new commercial enterprise (NCE);
- in the minimum amount of $500,000 or $1M;
- with the creation of at least ten full-time permanent U.S. jobs;
- from lawfully obtained funds; and
- the investor maintaining a management role.
In order to prove these requirements, the investor will be required to gather significant documentation to support the claim. The investor will be required to submit documents such as tax returns, invoices, receipts, contracts, business licenses, and other statements to prove qualifications for the EB-5 visa. The investor may also be required to submit payroll records. If you have questions about whether you qualify for an EB-5, consider speaking to visa attorney J. Joseph Cohen in San Antonio, Texas today. He will be able to help you complete the process to receive your EB-5 investor visa.
Let an EB-5 Lawyer Help You Get Your Green Card Today in San Antonio, Texas
There are many avenues through which non-U.S. citizens can receive a green card to live and work in the U.S. One way to do this is through an EB-5 green card. If you are considering applying for an EB-5 immigrant investor green card, or any other visa option, consider speaking to the qualified attorney such as J. Joseph Cohen in San Antonio, Texas today. He can review your unique circumstances and help you understand your rights and options under the law (including helping you understand whether the EB-5 is the right visa for your situation). If the EB-5 is appropriate, he can help you file for your green card.