J. Joseph Cohen
The body of immigration law is a complex maze of statutes, regulations, case law, and agency decisions. I believe in providing my clients with quality and responsive representation in navigating this complicated area of law.
I bring a unique perspective to the practice of immigration law with years of legal, government and overseas experience. Attorneys licensed to practice law in any state can practice national immigration law and I am licensed in both the District of Columbia and Kentucky. I am also a member of the U.S. Supreme Court Bar and the federal districts for the Western District of Texas and the Western District of Kentucky. I am a member of other organizations including the American Immigration Lawyers Association (including the Texas and Midsouth local chapters), American Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, San Antonio (TX) Bar Association and Louisville (KY) Bar Association.
My 2018 activities include:
- Family Based Immigration Conference and American Consulate visit in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico-Catholic Legal Immigration Network
- EB-5 AILA and IIUSA Industry Forum- Chicago
- EB-5 Investor Based Immigration Conference - Los Angeles, CA
- Removal Defense Skills Workshop- AILA- Austin, TX
- U.S. Citizenship-Acquisition, Derivation, and Naturalization- Catholic Legal Immigration Network
- Annual Immigration Conference- Federal Bar Association- Memphis, TN
- Pro Bono Attorney for the Immigration Justice Campaign including one week of assisting asylum seekers detained at the South Texas Family Residential Center in Dilley, TX.
- Spring Immigration Conference- AILA, Texas Chapter
- Introduction to Family-Based Immigration-Catholic Legal Immigration Network
- Volunteer at Citizenship Workshop in San Antonio- American Gateways
- Immigration Symposium- St. Mary's University School of Law